Traversing the democratic borders of the essay, Cristina Kirklighter, (electronic resource)The Resource Traversing the democratic borders of the essay, Cristina Kirklighter, (electronic resource)
- Traversing the democratic borders of the essay, Cristina Kirklighter, (electronic resource)
- electronic resource
- Statement of responsibility
- Cristina Kirklighter
- Alternative Format
- Antecedent source
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 137-147) and index
- Gail Y. Okawa
- Personal, the political, and the rhetorical: Montaigne's and Bacon's use of the essay form : Brief biography of Michel de Montaigne ; Montaigne's departure from traditional rhetorical writing ; Francis Bacon and the essay
- Essaying an American democratic identity in Emerson and Thoreau : Ralph Waldo Emerson: biographical background ; Montaigne, Plutarch, Emerson, and the essay ; The essay, education, and the formation of a U.S. national identity ; Emerson and "The American scholar" ; Henry David Thoreau: Historical and political background of Walden ; Early book reviews of Walden and its significance to the essay
- Essay as political/cultural critique in Latin America: Freire's place in Latin American history ; Freire's social pedagogy and its tie to the elements of the essay ; Freire's pedagogical ties to self-reflection in the essay ; Accessible writing and the Freirian essay ; Freire and the issue of spontaneity ; The essay's elements of sincerity and truthfulness in Freire's writings
- Achieving a place in academia through the personal academic essays of Victor Villanueva and Ruth Behar: Conversations with Victor Villanueva on Bootstraps and his influence in rhetoric and composition ; Villanueva's use of self-reflection and accessibility in Bootstraps ; The movement from mimicry to spontaneity in Villanueva's academic writings ; Sincerity and acceptance in Villanueva's scholarship ; Ruth Behar and her rise to academic prominence ; Behar's use of self-reflexivity and accessibility to reconcile her ethnographic identity in academia ; Spontaneity and the essay: Behar's growing resistance to becoming a translated academic ; Behar's use of sincere writing to uncover her truth as an ethnographer
- Control code
- xii, 160 p.
- File format
- Form of item
- (electronic bk.)
- Level of compression
- Quality assurance targets
- not applicable
- Reformatting quality
- Reproduction note
- Electronic reproduction.
- unknown sound
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Traversing the democratic borders of the essay, Cristina Kirklighter, (electronic resource)
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Kellogg Community College Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.